how to scroll last tableview item to the top

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by cybohemia, Jun 25, 2009.

1. cybohemia

cybohemia New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I'm working on an app that uses a TableView and scrolls chosen items to the top of the view.

I'm using the scrollToRowAtIndexPath method with UITableViewScrollPositionTop as the atScrollPosition argument.

Here's the tricky part: even when I don't have enough items to fill the screen below the selected item, I would still like the selected item to scroll to the top, leaving the bottom blank. But it seems like the system doesn't allow that - when all the remaining items are visible, it no longer scrolls a particular item to the top if it is already visible somewhere on the screen. I guess this makes sense in general but, for my app, I would like to be able to have it go to the top, anyway.

I was thinking of creating some blank elements but was wondering if I've missed anything more elegant before I hack away.

Thanks for any thoughts!
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2008
    get the contentoffset of the last cell, and use the scroll view methods that the table view inherits to scroll to that contentoffset, but add x amount to the height of the offset.