How to schedule downloads using iScheduler

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bennybenny, May 21, 2010.

1. bennybenny

bennybenny New Member

Hello,

This guide has been made to show how to schedule downloads for any time using iScheduler, (cydia store) and Downloads by Hian Zin Jong, (in the app store.) This is incredibly useful for people who live in Australia, that have off peak and on peak downloads, but also be useful for anyone else

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. Download Downloads Lite for free, or buy Downloads for $2.00. You can use another app for downloads, but it must resume downloads as soon as you open the app, otherwise it will not work.

2. Download the iScheduler trial or buy for $7.00

3. Open Downloads, click browser, an d find the file you need, and begin the download. Now close Downloads completely.

4. Open iScheduler.
    Click the "App" tab, an then "+" button. Add Downloads, and change the time to your offpeak time, and set the days you want this to repeat. Now go to the "List" tab, click Power, and set it to "OFF". Then set the time when your off peak finishes. Close iScheduler.

5. Plug your iPhone/iPod Touch in a wall charger, or use Insomnia to keep wifi on. Downloading drains the battery pretty fast, so plugging your device into a charger is recommended.

6. Don't turn your device off, leave it on standby unless your device supports power on unlike mine.

There you go! Your device will now open Downloads at the time you set, download and then turn off. Now you don't have to use your computer to download overnight!

I'll put some pictures in later if people want me too

Cheers, Benny.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i saw this exact same thing over in *happyland*, am i right bennypoos?

i dont see a point in this tho but still a good guide
  3. bennybenny

bennybenny New Member

Haha, maybe. Depends what's "happyland"

Well, in Australia we have download caps, 10Gb for example. One in off peak, (say 2 in the morning to 12 in the morning. And one onpeak between those times. Sometimes the offpeak is too early in the morning, so we can't use it. This allows us to use it

Oh and thanks, I don't usually contribute to the community, so I thought I might help some fellow Aussies and I think New Zealanders have caps too. Even if I doesn't help help you guys in US and various countries

4. Honey Albella

Honey Albella New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Using one centralized platform, TELUS iScheduler provides simplified access and increased visibility for organizations, allowing more efficient coordination of time, people and resources.

Across the country, health organizations face huge demand on professionals’ time and on other scarce resources, resulting in some pretty big challenges: lengthy wait times, difficult-to-manage scheduling and an often inefficient referral process. iScheduler helps alleviate these administrative pains using a suite of five comprehensive modules to triage referrals and scheduling issues.

jumeriah beach hotel dubai
    http://plagiarismdetector.net/
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014