ok, so i was running into a problem. i have over 2000 songs (all illegal mp3s) and i was running out of space on my ipod touch 2g 16 gb. So i thought of a solution and it worked! what i did first was uncheck all the songs that a never listen to on itunes and made sure that the ipod only synced selected songs. this is the easy part then, with the remaining songs (checked ones) i converted them all of aac files, and deleted or unchecked the original mp3's after making sure that the quality wasnt any worse. Results MP3: 1728 songs, 8.70 gbs AAC: 1728 songs, 6.22 gbs time elapsed:11 hours thats a 2.5 gigabyte difference! i was so happy with the results that i decided to post them here. i would recommend this method to anyone who was running out of space on their ipod.