how to:run an iphone-"only" app on an ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mateomateo, Dec 25, 2009.

1. mateomateo

mateomateo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello itouch fans.

I have a question re: getting my ipod touch (3.1.2) to run an application that is intended for iphone only. The application is dragon dictation, a voice dictation program released earlier this month. I see no reason why the ipod touch (with an external microphone, obviously) should not be able to run it.

I read somewhere that it is possible to "spoof" the iphone OS on an ipod touch 3G in such a way as to allow itunes to download iphone apps onto it. (when I try currently, itunes blocks my attempt to sync it from my computer because "the app was not developed for the ipod touch").

I know that this is an old question that was resolved for ipod touch generation one, but could find no specific reference to how to get the ipod touch 3g to "pretend like it's an iphone".

any ideas? any and all suggestions much appreciated.
  2. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Have you tried SSH?
  3. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i thought you could use them, but they wont have complete functionality
  4. mateomateo

mateomateo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thanks!

thanks. I may not get dragon dictation to work (I think it does its voice processing online, and is probably calibrated to the iphone mic) ... but I have sure have learned alot about the ipod touch through all my efforts at trying!!! will see what happens with SSH.
  5. jetf

jetf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well you might use [PIRACY]us to install it. After you have bought the app of course
  6. iPendo

iPendo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    A normal person wouldn't need to use the app that cannot be mentioned unless he was illegally downloading. No exceptions.
  7. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Download the app with iTunes (on your computer) and find the IPA file (should be at Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications or something). Rename the .ipa to .zip and unzip it. Inside, there should be a "Payload" folder. You should find the app in there, which you can SSH onto your iPod.