How to rotate the screen without the integrated sensor ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yaku, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Yaku

Yaku New Member

For example in Safari, i am in my bed, watching a movie going to check something from the internet and i have to get my ipod out of the car holder because i need to rotate the device to rotate the screen.
    Or when i use VNC in my bed, like to see if someone wrote me a message.

Is there a trick to rotate without accelerator sensor ?
  2. IlluminatedTouch

IlluminatedTouch New Member

Keep it flat. the sensor works with gravity. so if you keep it flat then it won't turn.
  3. Yaku

Yaku New Member

yeah, thats my problem.
    when its in the holder it´s flat and i can´t rotate it.
    i won´t use the sensor i want to do that somehow with my fingers or anyhow but i don´t want to get it out of the holder.
  4. AnalogMan

AnalogMan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I believe what he's saying, to clarify, is that he has a cup holder designed for a car attached to his bed that holds his iPod Completely flat. He has it in landscape mode so he can watch movies. However whenever he goes to the Home screen, it flips back to portrait mode, and stays in that mode for whatever other programs he launches. Since it is flat, just rotating it does not effect it and he must remove it from the holder to get it to rotate.

They therefore desire a non-accelerometer related method at rotating the screen.

My opinion/guess: I doubt it. Just having an icon on the Home screen would be useless, as pressing said icon would have no effect while on the Home screen. And if someone where to find the code that tells the iPod to flip the screen when returning to the Home screen and alter it so that it flips to landscape mode when leaving the Home screen as well, this may cause issues with apps that don't support landscape mode and it would cause a brief annoyance if you really DO have it in portrait mode and it has to re-flip to correct itself.

So to sum it up, I highly doubt it.
  5. Yaku

Yaku New Member

yeah, that is excactly my issue

Please Register or Log in to view images