iOS 3.1 How to rid of all jailbroken data on updated iPod touch (3.1.2)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Systemfreak555, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Systemfreak555

Systemfreak555 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello everyone, I have a major problem that i hope someone can help me with. any help is appreciated.

I have a 2nd gen ipod touch that i had previously jailbroken. After a while, I got sick of the jailbreak and decided that i wanted the new 3.1 firmware that came out. So, i went along and plugged my ipod into my computer, downloaded and installed the 3.1 firmware onto my ipod touch. BUT, I did not unjailbreak or anything before updating my ipod. I simply jailbroke it, got sick of it, then updated it straight from the jailbroken state.

MY PROBLEM IS..... I still have a whole 8g of space on my ipod, as i can see it in itunes, of "other". Which is obviously all of the data that i had gotten or recieved while jailbroken. I have no way use for this data/space as for i can not view it on my updated ipod.

You should also know that i CANNOT restore my ipod because i do not have everything backed up, and do not feel like losing all of my data (music, calenders, videos, contacts, app info, etc.)

I am looking, and have been for a long time, for a way to rid of all of this useless data on my ipod without simply deleting everything. I am hoping for a way to find a way to go through and personally find and delete the things that i want.
    Thank you for your time.
    I would be Greatly appreciative of any help whatsoever.
    So please, help me out.
    Christian
  2. auv5

auv5 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ummmmmmm no way but DFU restore
  3. ironcross

ironcross New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So doing that will make it like it was when first bought?
  4. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    if you rejailbreak you can go in with iFile and delete what you like
    and if updated to 3.1.2 it will only take a few seconds to jailbreak without any data loss
  5. PriteSprite

PriteSprite Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok, whatever you say iLife