How to restore?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skrappy213, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Skrappy213

Skrappy213 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So i uninstall Winterboard and then install it back (having trouble n was trying figure out which program was giving me trouble) Now the phone turns on but stays on the apple logo n then shuts off. Installing back winterboard mess it up =/

I hold power/home button and waited to reboot while connected to usb/ computer if i was to click restore it will update to latest iphone firmware which i dont want to cuz no unlock/jailbreak yet.I have iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw and i try using it but i get a message from itunes "The iphone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible"

so now wut? how can i install 3.0 firmware to jailbreak/unlock the phone again?
    By the way i got latest itunes version
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    If its a 3GS you want to iPhone 2,1 download I think
  3. Skrappy213

Skrappy213 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes 3GS and didnt know that thanks going try that version
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    okay so i been having problems restoring to 3.0 due to itunes cotacting apple
    and apple not letting me install 3.0 =/
    so how can i bypass itunes looking into apple server?

ill like to know how dont really need to restore anymore but maybe ill need it soon
    somehow now the phone boots into the system but at times when i turn the phone off and turn it back on it gets stuck at the apple logo.So i have to turn it off and back on until it boots in.

Cydia also doesnt load at times i get timed out...so is there a way to reinstall cydia? without jailbreakin all over again? I know me uninstallin winterboard and installin it back was wut mess up my device so now maybe the problem is Cydia? im not sure