How to Restore Your Apps after JB

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by kdubbicles, Jan 25, 2008.

1. kdubbicles

kdubbicles New Member

ok f***nuts check this sh*t out. First off i'd like to state that I JB'ed on a mac, from 1.1.1 and it worked like f***ing clockwork. actually, my soft upgrade stalled, but i restarted and it was fine. Then, to get the upgrade apps, which all work, i did the plist mod that some other dude posted on here. now check this sh*t out. everyones talking about uninstalling and then reinstalling to get your apps back. f*** that. i dont have 6 hours to jerk off with this thing, so i figured it out, and it works. All you have to do is:

1: install open bsd, and ssh
    2: access your filesystem
    3. in the root(/var/root) folder there is a folder called Applications_ROOT, these are your old apps.
    4: take these files and download/copy/move them to "/" applications. this is the "super root" directory of this device, where you will find usr, var, mach, etc..
    5: restart your pod

and there you go. your sh*t will show up, and you can spend the 6 hours you would have toolbaggedly wasted un-inn'ing and re-inn'ing, and use it to smoke pot, f*** your girlfriend, or what ever the f*** you do with your free time.

holler..

dUBS

p.s. dont be a f***ing idiot and try to install your mail,maps, etc.. from your old apps to the new folder. bad idea.
  2. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Lots of cussing in that one! Even name-calling! Woah, settle down now sea-monkey!

Please Register or Log in to view images

But hey, thanks for posting this none-the-less man.
  3. kdubbicles

kdubbicles New Member

sorry bro i'm from new jersey, its like second nature. by the way, you should probably change your version plist to 1.1.2. oh and if anyone is offended by my potty mouth, i offer my sincerest f***ing apologies. really.
  4. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

It's no problem. I'm being f***ing honest, too.

Thanks again though.
  5. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I wish I could swear like that on a forum - I wish I was like you.

Honestly children, grow up.

Thanks for the info, now go chew on a bar of soap to clean out your mouth.
  6. stu101

stu101 New Member

Dude this sh*t is sweet! Cheers Homes
    P.s. jst thot id add to the whole swearing thing ;-)
  7. kdubbicles

kdubbicles New Member

ok so i swore out of being excited. but dont let that lead you to believe that i am a child. i am a grown ass man. ok so maybe your not used to that, but where i come from its commonplace. in fact, some of the best brokers on wall street will tell you to your face or over the phone, "listen don , don't be a f***in idiot, if you want to flip this, your gonna have to f***in act, i didnt get a 2 million dollar home and a wife with the fakest tits money could buy by acting like a timid jerkoff". i know because i've been there. and guess what else. it works. so relax and enjoy the easy way to restore your apps , and shut your mouth. thanks.
  8. formal

formal New Member

I wish I woulda known about this before I wiped my jb'd 1.1.3 with all my appz! Everything installed fined the first time, but after that it went downhill. After a couple hours of f***in around I think I finally got it. And why didn't anybody mention before that you could just move all your appz!?
  9. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    wait i dont get step 2: access your file system how do i that
  10. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I am glad your language makes you feel big and clever - trust me, its all an illusion.

Swearing is commonplace where I come from too, just we are mature enough not to blast it all over a public forum.....