how to restore after it has been switched off

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by evangelinewee, Mar 11, 2010.

1. evangelinewee

evangelinewee New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i dont really knw where to post this.

anyway, my jailbroken itouch 3.1.2 has been accidentally switched off. and it cant be restored as itunes will ask u to update it to 3.1.3 which cant be jail broken.

i can on the itouch but all the original itouch icons are gone. for example, my safari is missing and my entire 1st page is gone too.

please please please! someone help me!
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The Tethered Jailbreak requires you to plug into a computer, then rerun blackra1n or redsn0w to restart the iPod after it's completely lost power or otherwise been reset. You don't need to restore it.

Now are you having issues turning it on after, or did you turn it on after a reset and lose all your icons? If it's the latter, try enabling and then disabling app restrictions, which will unhide any hidden icons.
  3. evangelinewee

evangelinewee New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i dont even have my settings icon. all my jail break icons are gone too. and i tried to reinstall blackrain but it doesnt appear.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you've ever jailbroken and run Cydia, and told iTunes to download the 3.1.2 firmware (which you should have, back in the day, for restore or jailbreak purposes), then you can restore back to 3.1.2 by following the instructions in the "Restore to 3.1.2 using saved SHSH keys" thread. At this point, can you even run SBSettings, to see if the icons are just hidden? I'm assuming you installed that, of course.

Also, please don't double-post; it's against the rules and annoying.
  5. evangelinewee

evangelinewee New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well, i didnt install that. i just had my itouch jail broken 2 days ago.

sorry abt the double post, but i really need the help.
  6. Fwission

Fwission New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did you try going into settings and reseting all settings? That works sometimes...