How to Restore a semi jailbroken ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TreyNizzle, Mar 4, 2009.

1. TreyNizzle

TreyNizzle New Member

I really need help restoring my ipod..i tried the cyw00d jailbreak and it didn't work for me..so i restored my ipod back to normal and gave it another shot.

Everything was going okay until i had to restore with the custom firmware. I got an error message. So i decided to just keep my ipod normal. When i tried to restore it back to normal the second time i got an error message. I'm pretty sure i did everything right like putting it in the white screen and everything. I just can't figure out why i keep getting that error message telling me that i can't restore my ipod. If anyone is willing to help please leave your A.I.M. so we can chat. Btw..i watched this video and it helped me restore the first time.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W71ul84VAfA

I know it's not possible to have a fully bricked ipod but i'm pretty sure that i've done everything i know to fix it and it still won't restore..

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do you want to restore to a normal firmware? if so put your ipod into DFU mode and restore through iTunes
  3. TreyNizzle

TreyNizzle New Member

Yea i've tried restoring it to the original firmware 2.2.1..problem is, everytime i try to restore it gives me an error message..i've done the whole dfu thing and everything..idk what to do anymore!
  4. REvie

REvie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hold shift and hit restore. A box should come up. Just select the 2.2.1 normal firmware. Just hitting restore won't work u have to select the standard firmware you have downloaded. If you can't find it search this site for firmware links. Make sure it's the 2.2.1 2nd gen firmware
  5. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    have you tried downloading the 2.2.1 firmware again? maybe the one you downloaded is corrupt
  6. TreyNizzle

TreyNizzle New Member

yea i tried that. i even deleted itunes, the patch, the firmware, and cywood. Then reinstalled itunes and tried to restore again.
  7. REvie

REvie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use the normal firmware instead of the custom. If u want to restore back to normal

Try using redtool to jailbreak, it's really user friendly
  8. TreyNizzle

TreyNizzle New Member

I dn't know if this means anything..but when i turn my ipod on it's obviously in recovery mode and has that logo telling me to connect to itunes..but instead of the picture having the wide ipod connection port, it has a regular USB..im guessing this is important because i know it's not the right picture..any help?
  9. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    thats normal
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just go into DFU Mode, then Shift-Click the Restore button and find the FirmWare.