[HOW TO] Pwn (jailbreak) Firmware 2.0!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by flattop95, Jul 19, 2008.

1. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    HOW TO JAILBREAK 2.0

1) Download pwnagetool 2.0

2) Open up pwnage and select your device, whether it be and ipod touch, iphone or iphone 3g.

3) Choose simple mode or expert mode at the top. I recommend expert mode, it lets you customize the firmware.

STEPS USING EXPERT MODE

1) After selecting your device, click on the blue arrow at the bottom. After it finds your .ipsw for you, or you choose, click the blue arrow again.

2) You will be give seven options they are:
    GENERAL
    This lets you select the size of the root partition.

Bootneuter
    For an iphone, this lets you customize, what pwnage does to it. Which includes neuter bootloader, upgrade bootloader, unlock baseband, and auto delete bootneuter.app. This is only available for the original iphone, at this time.

INSTALLER PACKAGES
    This lets you download and add apps from installer onto your custom firmware.

Cydia packages
    This lets you download and add apps from installer onto your custom firmware. At first there will be nothing there, you have to press refresh, in download packages, to see all of the packages.

Custom packages
    This lets you add custom packages from your computer. From installer and cydia, and other apps as well.

Custom Logos
    This lets you customize the boot logo, and the restore logo of your device, so it looks totally custom. You can make your own, as long they are 320 X 480.

When done selecting your options from the six sections listed above, click BUILD Pwnage will begin to build your custom firmware.

3) When pwnage is done building the firmware, it will ask you if your device is pwned, say no if it isn't and it will pwn in it, let it put it in DFU mode for you, then it will work better.

Restoring to a custom firmware

Once you are pwned and have made the custom firmware,
    1) go into itunes,
    2) on your device, alt- click restore and choose the custom firmware you created, itunes will restore to that firmware. And

YOU WILL HAVE JAILBROKEN FIRMWARE 2.0!!!!!!
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Look at all the pretty colors!

Yay! They have Jailbroken 2.0! With nothing to do with it aside from what it could already do!

Now they have to resync all their media! Yay!!!! Hooray!!!
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

thank you
    will use this when i jailbreak

edit: i agree with teslanuat. there is no point of jailbreaking as of yet (besides saying that you jailbroke 2.0) because there are no apps that are available on installer or cydia YET.

when free apps are made for it, i suppose i would jailbreak (such as customize or summerboard)

for me, i am waiting
    i am satisfied with 2.0 unjailbroken
  4. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Haha, I wonder how long until we can actually put jailbreak apps onto the ipod.

No problem dude.
  5. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

if there's a high enough demand, then not long I'd imagine
  6. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice guide. Wait a minute though. You can't install any apps from Cydia? So pretty much pwning is pointless for now?
  7. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Exactly, but you can look cool to your friends having cydia on 2.0

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: 1300TH post.
  8. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what does error 6 mean? i keep getting it, wait let me try dfu real quick.
  9. Rabbit121

Rabbit121 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    "3) When pwnage is done building the firmware, it will ask you if your device is pwned, say no if it isn't and it will pwn in it, let it put it in DFU mode for you, then it will work better."

this is what I don't get... I say NO and I get a failed screen
  10. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ROTFL!!! Nice one dude, I must say that I agree with you 100% that its pointless right now! Anyway, even if you "boast" to others that you've jailbroken your iTouch 2.0, anyone with a decent knowledge of the current news on jailbreaks will know that you can't install anything which makes jailbreaking it now a pretty...well, let's call it illogical...thing to do.