How to put notes into the Touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by metawops, Dec 26, 2007.

1. metawops

metawops New Member

Hi all,

has anybody ever made it? Obviously there a some text files (bus schedules etc.) I want to sync with my jailbroken iPod touch. The Notes application from the iPhone is running fine but I don't want to type all the information ON the Touch.

I know that the notes are stored in a DataBase. Is there already an OS X utility for syncing notes between the Mac and the iPod touch?

Or has anybody already tweaked iTunes so that it offers the option for syncing notes with an iPod touch, too? Like with an iPhone?

I know of the PDF viewer app and TextEdit and Safari for html pages -- but I really want to use the native MobileNotes.app someday ...

Thx,
    Stefan.
  2. nahedh

nahedh New Member

Mabye some day, when apple lets us have disk mode, we can do things that iPods generations before were able to do..."sigh"
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)

That's why we have programs like WinSCP that let us access our ipod's files.

With the app Textedit, you can save notes then copy them to your computer.
  4. pominoz

pominoz New Member

Notes on the iPod Touch

Hi,

If you have Leopard and a .Mac account you can sync Notes on your iPod Touch. You create your notes in the Mail application. Under the Notes section of Mail you can move the Notes to your .Mac account and these will show up on you iPod Touch in the Mail application.

Voila!!

Paul
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    iphonedrive has a section for importing and exporting notes uses USB almost disk mode
  6. metawops

metawops New Member

???

did you understand my question? I want to put notes on my iPod touch. everything else is trivial.
  7. metawops

metawops New Member

what is "iphonedrive"? a software for the mac? or for the iphone? and does it work for the iPod touch, too? (since this is an iPod touch forum...)

and how does it work?

thanks!
    Stefan.
  8. metawops

metawops New Member

hi Paul & thanks for the hint!
    however, I don't get it at all. can you give more detailed instructions?
    does it work with notes in the .mac mail account only? or can I use local notes, too? what exactly do you mean with "move the Notes to your .Mac account"? How exactly are the steps for this?

sorry & thanks,
    Stefan.
  9. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if you want documents on your ipod save them either as a pdf and view them in pdf viewer

or save them as a plain document and put them anywhere install textedit.app and mobilefinder.app

and you can edit and save again in mobile text edit
  10. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    software for the mac works with iphone/itouch. plug itouch in USB open iphonedrive and it works allot like finder on the mac the side bar has a folder for notes, media, files ext..........