How to put eBooks (.pdf) into iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by abc617, Apr 19, 2010.

1. abc617

abc617 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello

So I've got and iPod Touch 3.0 Firmware (jailbroken w/ Cydia/Installer) and was wondering if there is a way to download (as in put the file into the iPod) an eBook (in .pdf format) into my iPod. I've got some books on my PC. I kinda don't want the hassle of requiring a WiFi connection to read the book. Stanza is okay for at home, but I kind of want to read the books when I'm on the go.

So in short: is there a way to save .pdf files onto my iPod Touch and be able to read them (you know, with an eBook reader app or something)
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Check out GoodReader (maybe it's 2 words), you can download the PDFs onto your iPod then view them whenever you want.
  3. Tryria

Tryria New Member

How to put e.books pdf into iTouch

I read the posts but still have a problem; do I need to get my e.books into iTunes before I can put them onto my iTouch? If not, then what do I do? I have the PDF Reader.
    Tryria
  4. olivia679

olivia679 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    find a pdf converter (like epub) and find a pdf on either online or on your computer. then put the pdf in itunes and it will be under books. then make sure books sync with itunes.
  5. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Yes. You can apparently use iBooks and iTunes to sync .pdfs.

Or I'm using ExpertPDF reader at the moment. Using Wifi, I SSH the .pdfs into the documents of the app folder.