How to properly clean JVC marshmellows?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by NinjaBurrito, Sep 11, 2009.

1. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

The inside of my JVC marshmellows are filled with ALOT of earwax. I would take a picture but it's kinda late. What would be the best way to clean them? Thanks.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Thats disgusting.

I would just get new GOOD earphones.
  3. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't!
    Please.
    I don't think anyone wants to see a picture of that!
  4. SeanML100

SeanML100 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Post a pic nao!!!
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No pic please
    all IEMs get earwax in them, whether they cost $1 or $250 ( <-UE Super.fi 5 Pros, which I have) because they go in your ears and that's where earwax is.

Back to OP:
    I know with mine they came with a little rod type thing that was used for removing the earwax. Um maybe you could use a toothpick? Basically something that's thin and can be used for scraping but isn't sharp. You could also take off the tips to make the cleaning more thorough and probably easier (and while you're at it you can mod them, google JVC Marshmallows Kramer mod).

EDIT: This is for the "all IEM's get earwax", I feel like someone's gonna call me out on it. I kinda doubt that custom IEM's get earwax in them, but I'm not at all sure about that cuz there's no reason they wouldn't. So maybe SOME IEM's don't, but most do if your ears aren't always perfectly clean.
  6. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

Alright, when I get home i'll try out using a toothpick. And trust me, you prob. don't want to see a pic.

Getting really expensive headphones won't work for me. My headphones get shoved into my pockets, get rolled on, get lint from the pockets on them, etc. It's just not an option.
  7. SeanML100

SeanML100 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Show me a pic please! I will be able to help better...
  8. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    With my Apple IEMs, I put the seals in a bowl of warm-ish water, then gently massage the wax out of them. The mesh stops wax from getting inside, so I'm not entirely sure on how to clean those out. I'd probably use a damp cotton bud though.
  9. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i'd use a toothpick. take off the silicone tip thing and clean it out with a q-tip and wash it. then scrape the rest off the earbud with the toothpick and/or q-tip. clean them often and it will never get too bad.