How To Play TTR Songs Without Wifi

Discussion in 'Tap Tap Revolution (TTR) [old jailbreak version]' started by Khaos, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok i know this is in many other threads but i decided that i would put the 2 methods of playing TTR songs without wifi together...

Method 1, Getting the Tap and Music File:

1. Get the .mp3 file of the song
    2. Then get the .tap file by going to: http://devices.natetrue.com/ttr/itunes/ or if you want an exact file go to http://devices.natetrue.com/ttr/itunes/artist - song name (replace artist with your artist and song name with the song name) and when you find a tap save it as whatever you want (ex. Through the Fire and Flames.tap) Example: http://devices.natetrue.com/ttr/itunes/DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames
    3. Now SSH into your itouch and navigate to /private/var/root/Media/TTR/Taps and put the tap file in there
    4. now navigate to /private/var/root/Media/TTR/Music and put your music file in there and rename the music file to be the same name as the tap
    5. Respring/Reboot and go to TTR and go to Downloaded Tracts and song should be there

Method 2, Creating a Song To Play Without Wifi (First Way):

1. Get the .mp3 file of the song (MUST BE .mp3)
    2. SSH into your itouch and navigate over to /private/var/root/Media/TTR/Music and put the Song in there and name it whatever you want (this will be the name of the song when you play it)
    3. Now on your itouch go to TTR and go to Download Tracts, you should see your song there and it will have the word [rec] at the end of it
    4. Tap it like you normally would to play it and it will bring up the board and you have to tap it out as if you were creating the beat
    5. When your done it will save and when you go to downloaded tracts it will no longer say [rec] at the end of it and now you can play it.

Method 3, Creating a Song To PLay WIthout Wifi (Second Way):

1. Turn wifi off
    2. Go to TTR and hit Create New Beats and make you for the song you want
    3. Now when its all done SSH into your itouch and navigate to /private/var/root/Media/TTR/Taps and click on itunes, now keep clicking the folder that usually says the artist and keep clicking till you find the .tap file
    4. Copy it to your desktop or any folder and then navigate back to /private/var/root/Media/TTR/Taps and put the .tap file in there and rename it what ever you want
    5. Navigate to /private/var/root/Media/TTR/Music and put the music file in there and rename it the same name as the .tap file except at the end of it replace .tap with .mp3
    6. Now go to downloaded tracts and your song is there.

Hope This Helps People...

If you want my Through the Fire and Flames tap file go here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41492

P.S. plz dont flame this is just for help purposes and puts all 3 methods together...If i forgot something feel free to post
    2 people like this.
  2. M-42

M-42 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    good post, very helpful!
  3. dafootballer

dafootballer New Member

now this is probably a stupid question but how do you DOWNLOAD like keep the songs WITH wifi
  4. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you have to do one of these methods to get a song to play at anytime you cant download a song right off of wifi
  5. petertheog

petertheog New Member

how do u download one off the website
  6. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Once your on the website just find the artist and click on it then download one of the taps there
  7. dafootballer

dafootballer New Member

weird its still not working it will go to the song but no taps will show up... and i did upt the .tap in the taps folder
  8. Tijke

Tijke New Member

my ttr has me set user name and doesn't let me play ANY songs... any help?
  9. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    your on 1.1.3/1.1.4 correct? download the ttr fix from installer and try that
    1 person likes this.
  10. F1N4L

F1N4L New Member

I use method 3 but the iTunes Folder is empty.
    But i can play the created Song with TTR.
    Where is my fault?
    1 person likes this.