how to open touch ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1god1king, Nov 17, 2007.

1. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

Just FYI i was searching how to open ipod and came across this

was reading on the site that the iput pins on touch are active and we may beable to use
    them to make phone call's so i searched and found a broken touch to try and fix and mount the mic internal on to the pins but any way this is what i found

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/First-Look/iPod/iPod-Touch
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Cool.. Did you read this part?......

"We did not find the CSR Bluetooth chip that the iPhone has. However, there are several Apple-branded chips that we didn't identify, so we cannot completely rule out the presence of a Bluetooth chip."
  3. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

It has long since been concluded that there is no bluetooth capablity within the iPod Touch.
  4. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

5. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Oh I understand about trying to work out possible pin in/out configuration for making a wired headset. That'd totally be awesome.

I was referring to Rawd's quoting of "We did not find the CSR Bluetooth chip that the iPhone has. However, there are several Apple-branded chips that we didn't identify, so we cannot completely rule out the presence of a Bluetooth chip."

It's been conclusively proven that the iPod Touch does not have a Bluetooth chip, which is pretty common sense to be honest. Why would Apple install a not particularly cheap bluetooth chip and not make use of it, thus lowering their profit margin?