how to not put the pineapple as the boot logo?

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by mossme89, Apr 4, 2008.

1. mossme89

mossme89 Member

I was reading some posts about people bricking their touches (supposedly). And I was wondering: is there a way that when you pwn your iPod, to loave the white apple logo as default? I don't want to get stuck on the pwnapple, and have it look like it was hacked.

If this was already posted, please give me a link, don't say "search"
  2. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

After you PWN your iPod make a custom IPSW by clicking IPSW Builder, and when the option comes up, deselect the "Custom DevTeam Pictures" checkbox. It'll build the firmware you can restore in iTunes with. It's PWNed, and no PWNapple!
  3. mossme89

mossme89 Member

wait, so how did thrash_648 brick his iPod? I mean, in what step are people bricking their iPod?

Also, how do I know which bootloader I have? I tried this app, hardware info, but it said unknown. I got my iPod November 17th
  4. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Must be when restoring with itunes?
    Cause, the only way he could have got those custom logos is after he Pwned it.
    So it must have been either his mistake on his side of the computer or the IPSW Builder created a wrong line of code.. :s
  5. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

In PWNing, it's probably because they are not restoring before PWNing, and then using their iPod. You must restore, then go through the PWNing process for best (and safest) results.

*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Not sure, I went from my jailbroken 1.1.4 to pwnd and the to 2.0 and all the way back down to 1.1.4 custom without any fresh restore so who knows.
  7. mossme89

mossme89 Member

I'm just trying to find out so myself and other people don't get bricked in the future
  8. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats incorrect I believe.
    In the other guys video, he had the Pwnpple which booted over and over.
    You cannot get that Pwnapple until you load custom firmware on that AFTER you pwn it.
  9. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

Good idea, but so far no clear details. Hopefully we find out before too many people end up with expensive paperweights

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ok, that was just my guess form what I heard they did, oh well, we'll have to wait and see.
  10. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I pwned my touch when it was already jailbroken. you do have to put it into restore mode first.