[HOW TO] Methods of jailbreaking for any 2.x.x firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Tman47, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    At this point in time, i see myself answering TONS of questions about how to jailbreak this and that and what is jailbreaking and just general knowledge that is false. so hopefully this post will help many people's questions

First off, all 2.0 firmwares to this date ARE able to be jailbroken, 2.0, 2.0.1, and yes, 2.0.2​

The Various Methods for jailbreaking firmwares 2.0 and above:

The Pwnage Tool

Please Register or Log in to view images

Download it here or here
    The Pwnage tool was made by the iPhone-Dev team and is for mac only​

Winpwn

Download it here or here
    Winpwn was made by CMW and is for windows only​

The difference between these first two and this last method that i will show is that the two methods above requires you to make your own custom firmware, and restore in itunes through DFU mode these two methods above can only jailbreak 2.0 and 2.0.1 currently. For these two above methods you can choose your own custom boot and restore logos. Also there are more features that i will not go into right now.

The final 2.0 and above jailbreaking method is
    QuickPwn

Download it here and the QuickPwn GUI here

QuickPwn was made by the iPhone-Dev team and QuickPwn GUI was made by PoorladRob both are windows only​

This is the only method of jailbreaking to be able to jailbreak 2.0.2​

QuickPwn isnt an actual application, but rather a batch file that you run to jailbreak your ipod, iphone or iphone 3g, this can jailbreak 2.0 and above firmwares.
    QuickPwn GUI is simply a mask for QuickPwn that is for beginner users Note that the GUI can only jailbreak 2.0.1 and 2.0.2
    To jailbreak 2.0.2 simply follow the normal instructions of QuickPwn but have your iPhod running 2.0.2, and put the 2.0.1 firmware in the Quickpwn folder. This WILL jailbreak your 2.0.2 iPhod because it only uses the 2.0.1 firmware in the places needed (thats why you dont need a full restore for this method)
    Finally, QuickPwn automatically chooses your boot and restore logos as the Pwnapple.

Anything else i should add, just tell me.

I am not responsible for anything happening to your ipod, iphone or iphone 3g.

thanks to winpwn.com and blog.iphone-dev.org for images and DL links
    thanks to everyone else for the help and if i didnt credit you tell me.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just to note, the Quickpwn GUI wasn't made by the dev team, it was made by a guy called 'PoorladRob'
  3. 11hawkinst

11hawkinst New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Good reference. Although there aren't too many ways to jailbreak it, it's always good to know your options