How to manually jailbreak iphone/itouch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dark Nuker, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Dark Nuker

Dark Nuker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I assume this is the right area to post this topic, but if it's not, feel free to move it to the right area.

I would like to learn how to manually jailbreak iphones/itouches. By that, I don't mean use a program like pwnage tool, redsnow, blackrain...etc. I want to actually learn to how crack the codes in the iphone/itouch myself so I can start to help out in the jailbreaking community and contribute to future jailbreaking methods and possibly become a member of an iphone hacker group or just go solo and create my own hacks to help out. Problem is, I have no idea where to start or what codes or area of the iphone I should be focusing on to start with. I'm not new to the iphone. I have experience in messing with the internal file system structure of the iphone and messing with files to customize things. However, that only goes so far and it's probably not much comparing to what the iphone hackers know and do, but I'm willing to learn. I just need to be shown the right direction of where to go to find resources that can help me learn this stuff. If anyone knows of sites where I can begin to learn or knows of a different way I can learn, please let me know. I have searched google, but can't seem to find anything but tutorials on how to use programs to jailbreak the iphone/itouch. I'm hoping someone here can help me out.
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    A very ambitious goal. =/ Hope this post helps.

Learn up on Memory Management, ARM assembly, and other low-level stuff.

Realistically, if you don't know much about Computer Science, or have any prior programming experience, you're not really going to go far.

http://wikee.iphwn.org/main#technical_areas
  3. Dark Nuker

Dark Nuker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Thanks for the info. I'll check into it.
  4. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dont really know much but there was an old jailbreak that u had to do manually... kind of... idk maybe look at the steps and try to see what is really happening...

5. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What FW is that ^ on, because it looks like an awful amount of work.
  6. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Sometimes experience is not worth anything. A willingness to learn is always the first step to experience. I knew nothing about XHTML and CSS just a month ago. However, my willingness to learn has led me to a great understanding of the code and I am already creating unique websites.

Good luck with your studies. Never allow anyone to discourage you.
  7. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think that is the old 1.1.1 jailbreak