how to manually add apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ibitapple, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

i see all these people downloading apps on there comp and then putting them on there touch manually rather then using installer. how do they do this because i want to know

THX
  2. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
  3. full1

full1 New Member

download a program called TotalCommander it lets you go into your touch.. Then drag the unzipped file into your application folder
  4. ipodminiman

ipodminiman New Member

You can either use an SSH client like cuteFTP or WinSCP ( my favorite) or a usb based transfer system like total commander. Either one will let you add apps manually.
  5. jls25

jls25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i agree with the last post ...for sure... make sure u got OPEN SSH installed in ur ipod and install WINSCP..its very easy to use....i strted SSHing recently..and learning how to use it is a breeze. If u need help on it just watch some youtube vids..i think ipodtouchmaster has one... but wen logging in ..

host name is the IP address u are connected to on ur ipod..so go to wifi and click the blue arrow..
    port 22
    username root and pass. alpine

u need to be on wifi and u need to have ur ipod on , not on sleep so i suggest having ur ipod connected to ur PC..hope this helps...if u still need it that is...

Please Register or Log in to view images