how to make windows 3.1 work in dospad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4guy, Oct 26, 2010.

1. iphone4guy

iphone4guy New Member

the question is right in the title. i have an iphone 4 and dospad installed on it. i have seen videos on youtube of people booting windows 3.1 on it and have read sites where people played solitare in windows 3.1. i have searched all the forums and burnt google out. i just cant find an answer. so i am asking here. and if you could, would you please give a detailed how to? im not a very tech savvy person. :/

EDIT: nevermind i found all you had to do was type "cd win31" and it found my win31 folder and booted right up.
  2. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wait can you give a tutorial?
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

yes i can if you like.
  4. iphone4guy

iphone4guy New Member

guide

sorry i couldnt log in earlier for some reason. but yes i can give a tutorial.

things you will need:

1.dospad(beta) OR iDos if you bought it before apple yanked it off the app store
    2.(recommended) iphone 3GS or greater or ipod touch 3rd generation or better, or ipad.
    3.windows 3.1 files.(not a .img file!) if you do have a .img file unpack it into a folder named 'win31'
    4.iphone folders application. or however you put files on your device from your computerhttp://iphonefolders.com <-- where you can find iphone folders app for windows.

ok, assuming you have all the required things you will need, you will need to connect your iphone for iphone folders to work (or if you use another method that doesn't involve connecting use your method) and transfer the file folder 'win31' to /var/mobile/documents.

HOORAY your halfway done! then get on iDos or dospad and type in 'cd win31' and then 'setup'. when you do this it will guide you through setting up windows 3.1. after you set it up it will ask you to restart windows or return to MS-DOS. click restart windows with your mouse and windows will pop up after it loads.

BOOM! you now have windows 3.1 on your idevice.

Now to start windows again and not go through the annoying setup everytime. type 'cd win31' then 'cd windows' then type 'win' and it should boot up windows 3.1 with all settings and everything.

hope this guide helped!