How to make my att gophone simcard work on my iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heloboy12, Dec 29, 2009.

1. heloboy12

heloboy12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey guys,
    i just got a iphone 36 16 gig today and i unlocked it and i insereted my att gophone card in it which i used before in my nokia gophone.
    For some reason it says no servie but on itunes when i click on the iphone on the sidebar it says my gophone number but i cant receive or send any text or calls so on the top left its saying no service? Is there anyway to fix it?
    I know this might be in a previous post i tried the search function but i couldnt find anything helpful....So Thank u in advance!
    By the way i unlocked it with blackra1n and im running on firmware 3.1.2
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Install blacksn0w from the blackra1n app.
  3. heloboy12

heloboy12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i already have blacksnow on my iphone its just saying no service when the sim is in the sim tray but it works with my german vodafone sim card but i need to use it with my att gophone simcard to use unlimited texting etc.
  4. GarrettOwns

GarrettOwns New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same prob except verizon

Hey,

I have the same problem except mines a verizon Vodafone sim. I know people keep telling me that a verizon sim wont work in an iPhone but they also told me that Verizon doesnt have sims. (which wasnt true). Maybe if you found out how to fix your problem, then you can share your finding and help me fix mine.

P.s. ~ Mines already jailbroken and i have blacksn0w installed. Good luck.
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Where are you located? at&t may not have coverage there (only asking since you mentioned the german Vodafone SIM).

Verizon "world phones" do have the capability of running CDMA and GSM networks (GSM = SIM card) but they will not work in the U.S. The SIM card in the U.S. Verizon phones are a RUIM card (removable user information module) and not the same as a SIM card. The Verizon / Vodafone SIM card is a Verizon product but again it will not work in the U.S. It should work overseas where it uses the Vodafone coverage.
  6. raelix

raelix New Member

Is this normally possible? Once you unlock an iPhone then buy a cheap gophone and use its prepaid SIM?
  7. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Yes it is possible; it is not supported by at&t but it will work.
  8. heloboy12

heloboy12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok im in texas at the moment and so for the next half year and i already have blacksnow on my iphone and i bought a gophone a few months ago and now i bought an iphone and when i inserted my att gophone simcard its saying no service...? so apperarantly it not working with gophone sim card
  9. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

How did you install blacksn0w?

Also this is a 3G right (I know you mentioned it but wanted to double check).
  10. r3skyline

r3skyline Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    wait, you cant use gophone sim cards on iphones? when did this happen? i use mine all the time to activate it and use it to make a few calls whenever i run out and forget to pay my flexpay from tmobile. lol.