How to know...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sneak3, Jan 6, 2009.

1. sneak3

sneak3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hello.

I currently own a jailbroken 1.1.4 itouch with lots of cool apps. However im thinking about upgrading it to 2.2. So how can i know which apps are available to 2.x? Couse the upgrade will be worth for me only if i got some apps.

thank you
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The App Store for 2.X has over 10,000+ apps. Nearly all Apps that were on 1.X Jailbreak have been moved to 2.X. Basically, 1.X is dead. No Support whatsoever.
  3. sneak3

sneak3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmm i see but i was talking about apps from Installer and Cydia. Not apps from the appstore becouse im not willing to pay for them :X
  4. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The apps that were in Installer and Cydia are now in the App Store. Installer is dead. If you want apps, the App Store is where you're gonna find them.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Not every App on the App Store is pay. There are tons of Free ones. There is more Free than there is Pay. For Example: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94468
  6. sneak3

sneak3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Wow cool! Well, so you recomend 2.x FW or should i stick to my old 1.1.4?

Btw, does 2.x have genesis emulator?
  7. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I Think It'd be easier to tell us which apps you have, and we can tell you if they were ported.
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I believe Genesis has been ported.
  9. sneak3

sneak3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok that wud be great!

The apps i still would like to have are:
    Periodic Table,
    wedict,
    sketches,
    iphysics,
    pocketguitar,
    icopter,
    AM,
    THTouch,
    genesi4iphone,
    boss prefs,
    smbprefs
  10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

BossPrefs: Check. It has also been made into a more advanced application called SBSettings, allowing you to toggle things by swiping the status bar.
    SMBPrefs: This is now WinterBoard, which is much more powerful than SummerBoard.
    WeDict: Available for Free on the App Store.
    iCopter: Available for 99 cents on the App Store.
    iPhysics: Available for $1.99 on the App Store. Touch Physics and Crayon Physics Deluxe are also available on the App Store with better graphics. Touch Physics is 99 cents and Crayon Physics Deluxe is $4.99.
    Sketches: Available on the App Store for $4.99. There are many free alternatives to this including iDoodle.
    Periodic Table: There is a free Periodic Table application available on the App Store called 'The Chemical Touch: Lite Edition.'
    PocketGuitar: Available on the App Store for 99 cents. There are a few other guitar applications out there, including MooCowMusic's 'Guitarist,' available for $3.99.
    Genesis4iPhone: Available for Free on Cydia from Zodttd's source.
    THTouch: Available for 99 cents on the App Store. There are also a multitude of free and paid alternatives
    AM: I have no idea what this is. If it's Agile Messenger, there are a variety of free and paid IM applications in the App Store.

In addition, 2.x provides many new features and applications such as MobileStack, QuickGold (Search Based App Launcher), SpringJump (Jump to a SpringBoard page), Widgets, Incredible Quality Games (Rolando, Sim City, Enigmo), a Mac OS emulator, Cracked Screen Faker, and tons of really great stuff.