How to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zvahl, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Zvahl

Zvahl New Member

I tried googling around found I should use this thing called QuickPwn so I tried it but it always crashes at the end when it doing stuff to the command promt. So that didn't worked so I found this thread:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92404

Tried it, made sure I had the right file but it says it won't recognize the .ipsw file. I using 2.1 iPod Touch and Windows XP. So what's the deal?
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    try a different tutorial and google is a good source you probably didnt look hard enough
  3. Zvahl

Zvahl New Member

I have used different tutorials I have tried 2 is that not a valid reason to start asking for help? I mean it's not as if I'm asking for something to spend 8 hours photoshoping some random image, is it? I'm just looking for someone who is experienced with jailbreaking, or has even had similar issues, asking for them to spend a minute of their time for help.

And as for googling, that's what I've done and I've gotten some nice results but and hey, I found them, so I don't even see how that's even relevant.
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You are an idiot. This site is for help so that people don't have to google around for answers, when they can get direct and current help here and now.

Right click the QuickPwnGUI120, and select Properties. Then select the Compatibiliy tab, and check the box near Windows XP SP2. Then, apply the properties. Then, right click the file again, and do Run as Administrator.

This is for Vista, not sure about the XP problem yet.