[How to] Jailbreak your 1.1.2 iPod Touch with Detailed Step By Step Instructions

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by k1unit, Dec 3, 2007.

1. k1unit

k1unit New Member

The following tutorial will teach you how to jailbreak your iPod Touch so that you can install third party applications on it such as Summerboard themes, fun games such as Tap Tap Revolution, and other useful applications such as ToDoList. Apple plans to release a SDK around February 2008, but those who can’t wait, this is the alternative.

Continue reading the full tutorial here:
    http://www.g3fusion.com/?p=15

Your input appreciated, please leave comments on the page.
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great tutorial, k1unit!

It is very clear, has all the necessary links (even the firmwares!) and should answer most of the questions we see here.
  3. Tylerg123

Tylerg123 New Member

Very nice guide, helped me so it can help anyone
  4. PhantomThief

PhantomThief New Member

The good tutorial. I will find the reasons to upgrade to 1.1.2

Thank you.
  5. eddieelias

eddieelias New Member

Great tutorials.. thanks!
  6. Lloyd

Lloyd New Member

this is fantastic, thx man really simple
  7. k1unit

k1unit New Member

Thanks guys, glad you find it useful! If you are having troubles post a comment on the tutorial and I shall help you fix it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's not a trouble, it's an idea to improve it even further (so I'm not posting it on the site

).

I like the remarks at the end, but I would push that even further to avoid that people fall in common pitfalls. You should make a few (not too many) subtitles under a section called "Before Going Further" or "Pitfalls" or "Out of the Prison" (no, strike that... don't know what came over me there). Anyway, you get the idea:
    • How to make room for your applications - with a link to the how-to here, or any similar guide.
    • If your iPod gets unstable - with an explanation of the SummerBoard dim wallpaper bug (unless it has finally been solved)
    • How to connect to the iPod with SSH - a link to that or similar guide.

Maybe there are still a few other points worth mentioning like a link to the [url="http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8180]application source thread[/url], but too many would cause this part to be discarded I suppose, too eager would they to explore the new possibilities.

The idea behind all this being, I'm sure you saw where I was coming from, not only to help them jailbreaking but also stopping them from being completely naked once on the other side of the mirror. Ah well, I will say it: to avoid so many posts with basic problems!

Something else, since we're there anyway: you had a very good idea providing a link to the force restore method. You could replace/complement that with this link to the Apple troubleshooter, which gives all the steps beginning by less drastic options: http://www.apple.com/support/ipodtouch/troubleshooting/

There is also an iTunes-fixer. Who knows, maybe they'll add more later but nothing related to jailbroken iPod, I fear *sighs*.

Kudos again for the website!

9. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Can't I simply downgrade to 1.1.1 and unlock I using the old jailbreakme/TouchFree program?
  10. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Sorry about the double post, but I just did precisely that and all is well. I had to go through the process twice, but I'm certain that was because TouchFree stopped responding halfway through. Any, for those who are curious, preceding the aforementioned crash, my iPod's capacity went from 8GB to 300MB ... luckily for me, I remained calm enough (read: this is my second Touch; the first I ruined by tinkering too much with it) to restore back to 1.1.1 once again.