iOS 4.0 [HOW-TO] Jailbreak With JailbreakMe.com

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Cursayer, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Cursayer

Cursayer Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Information
    JailbreakMe is an UNTETHERED new jailbreak released by Comex on August 1, 2010. It jailbreaks iDevices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch (including MC models!) running firmwares 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 3.2, 4.0 and 4.0.1.

How to Jailbreak
    First, we highly recommend backing your device up in iTunes. This will ensure that you have no problems if you need to restore in the future. After you have done that, proceed:
    1. On your iDevice run Safari and go to "http://www.jailbreakme.com" (without the quotation marks)
    2. When it asks you if you want to jailbreak, click yes.
    3. Let it finish downloading and installing.
    4. You're done, your device is now jailbroken and you should have the Cydia application on your home screen.
    Potential Problems
    Due to the overwhelming popularity of this extremely simple jailbreak for iOS4, iOS 4.0.1, iOS 3.2, iOS 3.2.1, etc. the servers in both the mirror and jailbreakme.com may crashed. Signs of this are:
    • The site not loading.
    • The site loading extraordinarily slowly.
    • Sliding to jailbreak, but being stuck at the Purple screen ('Purple Screen of Death' is the pet name).
    • Extremely slow download.
    If you get any of the above, move on and try a mirror. If that doesn't work, your best option is to wait. You can always keep trying, and more than likely it will eventually let you through. Keep in mind that there are hundreds of thousands who, like you, want to jailbreak ASAP.

There are also reports of FaceTime and MMS not working for some iPhone owners. Do some research, and know that a restore will fix this problem. It doesn't happen to everyone, though.

Be patient, and please don't go make a thread about what I've described above. Also, be courteous and don't contact Comex or anyone else involved with the jailbreak world complaining. This is free, developed on their own personal time, and they don't need annoying, snide remarks filling up their inbox or Twitter page.

If your FaceTime & MMS aren't working, visit this link: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302909
  2. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    This one is amazing... lol
  3. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Im on an iphone 3GS on 3.1.2, its a tethered jailbreak, so if I run this, will it make my 3.1.2 untethered?
  4. Cursayer

Cursayer Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    you should restore to remove your jailbreak first, and then update to 4.0, then jailbreak.
  5. iDestiny

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Just to be safe...
  6. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you have to be on stock 4.0 before jailbreaking?
  7. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No it wont. Update to 4.0.1 and then do it
  8. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I cant for 2 reasons, One being that I cant hacktivate to get rid of the slide for emergency message as I depend on the unlock and dont have the original sim, second being that most of the apps from cydia that I use do not work on 4.0 so I would prefer to stay on 3.1.2 but just want to make it untethered.
  9. tehduck

tehduck New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    tethered or untethered?
  10. iDestiny

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Untethered, by the way