How to jailbreak if you already bought the $20 apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Lonman06, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Lonman06

Lonman06 New Member

I did a search for this and to my surprise I couldn't find anything related to this. Perhaps the keywords for the search I did weren't the greatest or maybe no one has asked this (but I highly doubt that). Anyways I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me or direct me to a past post that tells someone what to do if they already purchased the $20 applications. I want to jailbreak, but do not want to throw away the $20 I have already spent.
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the $20 pack still works if you use the dev team jailbreak. nate trues version wont i dont think. once you do the 1.1.3 jailbreak, just sync your applications from itunes and you should be set
  3. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just downgrade to 1.1.1. Jailbreak it. Oktoprep to 1.1.2. then do 1.1.3 and your bought apps will sync over again.
  4. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

i used the natetrue jailbreak and they still synced over from iTunes just fine... i think either jailbreak automatically syncs them over without any problems... i plan on re-jailbreaking with the dev team one though...
  5. Lonman06

Lonman06 New Member

Does it matter if you use iTunes 7.5 or 7.6? I heard somewhere that 7.6 messes up the oktoprep and doesn't let you upgrade to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1.
  6. Willrob

Willrob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Once I was upgraded to 1.1.3 (not jailbroke), I couldn't get 7.6 to downgrade to 1.1.1. So I tried using 7.5 (and totally trashed my music library

Please Register or Log in to view images

). But 7.5 couldn't even tell there was an iPod Touch attached. Possibly it can't recognize the 1.1.3 firmware. So I went back to 7.6 and remain unjailbroken.
  7. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

have you used ipodtouchmaster's method of downgrading?

i have iTunes 7.6 and have not had any problems downgrading, upgrading or jailbreaking anything as long as you used the special 1.1.3 method of downgrading and just Shift-Click when you want to choose the firmware to upgrade/restore from...
  8. Lonman06

Lonman06 New Member

I haven't tried downgrading yet. But you're saying that you did it this way with 7.6 and you were able to downgrade to 1.1.1 and then upgrade back to 1.1.2 to do the jailbreak for 1.1.3?