How to jailbreak for other people?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by iSaint, Feb 18, 2009.

1. iSaint

iSaint New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, I am sure that many of us that have our ipod touches jailbroken have then shown our friends how heavenly awesome it is.

that being said, I'm sure most of us got the same question asked, "can you do that for me too?"

the first thing that comes to mind is that the redsn0w jailbreak requires a reboot sometimes. so...the only way to jailbreak for someone would be to go to their house and do it on their computer right?

is there any way to jailbreak for someone on my computer, save whatever files to a usb (like the 2.2.1, 2.1.1, and new redsn0w patch) and put it on their computer so they can reboot when necessary?

if anything, I'll just direct the people to the right places to learn haha
  2. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

You can reboot on any computer with the needed files and LibUSB installed. I can't post the iBSS211 stuff, which is Copyrighted, but I'm sure you'll find a way.
  3. TheKKKiller

TheKKKiller New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just use Teamviewer. And tell them when to restart.
  4. josh0403

josh0403 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just a suggestion, don't jailbreak for other people. When they dont know how to put it in dfu mode correctly, they freak out and blame you.
  5. iSaint

iSaint New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea, I'm not seriously considering doing this for every single person that asks, but I have a couple good friends that I'll probably teach instead of doing it for them

they over-exaggerate how difficult jailbreaking actually is haha