Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by tomasfn93, Aug 19, 2008.
can i Jailbreak firmware 2.0.2?
how? what program?
please do not insult, I'm just wondering
maybe winpwn would work? Im just guessing
Download http://xs1.iphwn.org/releases/QuickPwn.zip, extract it to a folder on your desktop, and then follow these steps.
1. Start downloading the official 2.0.1 firmware for iPod, (if you already have a copy, you can skip)
2. Put your iPod to DFU mode, restore to the latest 2.0.2
3. Copy the 2.0.1 firmware you downloaded above to the QuickPwn tool folder on your desktop
4. Plug your iPod in, but close iTunes when it pops up
5. Run the iPod Touch.bat from the QuickPwn folder
6. Follow the instrtuctions
7. Voila, after everything is finished, you will have a jailbroken 2.0.2 iPod.
couldnt you get the same results with winpwn?
THANKS MAN!!... but this will not damage the hardware of the ipod?
No, for WinPwn, you need to restore to a custom firmware. 2.0.2 is not supported and cannot have payloads added to the firmware yet because the firmware is different. QuickPwn only modifies the SSL and allows custom code to be run, and the same process that works on 2.0.1 works on 2.0.2. You just have to be on 2.0.2 and run the .bat and follow the instructions, and it will jailbreak.
Didn't for me, most likely won't for anyone else.
iPhone's are more risky, dunno about them.
quickpwn dont work. I get this every time.
Just try again. Close all of your other programs, as quickpwn takes a lot of processor power.
Also, make sure all iTunes related processes are closed (Open Task Manager and close all processes that have "iTunes" or "Apple" in them.
constantly retried it and closed all precesses. still got that error.
ITS NOT GOING TO WORK!
gitykins provided you with a way to jailbreak firmware 2.0.1
you, on the other hand, asked how to jailbreak 2.0.2 but did not notice gitykins provided you with incorrect info.
as of now, there is not way to jailbreak 2.0.2. pwnage will probably be updated in the next few minute to hours, but you'll have to wait until then
Separate names with a comma.