iOS 3.1 How to: Jailbreak different kinds of Generations

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Timmarus, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    iPod Touch 2G firmware 3.1.2 (tethered):
    Download and install blackra1n from http://www.blackra1n.com/ or from this Direct link for windows or this direct link for Mac. Once downloaded, plug your iPod touch 2G with firmware 3.1.2 into your computer. IMPORTANT: BACKUP BEFORE JAILBREAKING IN CASE OF RESTORE. When your iPod Touch 2G is connected to your computer, run BlackRa1n. A little window with the words "make it ra1n" should pop up. Click that button and let your iPod Touch 2G jailbreak. A little box about a donation to GeoHot should pop up. Press OK and you can now close the program. On your iPod Touch screen, a picture of George Hotz should pop up on your screen (dude with curly hair and iPhones swirling around him). This is the jailbreaking sequence. After a little while, the picture should go away and you should be back at the lock screen. Unlock your iPod Touch 2G and find the BlackRa1n app (small, black water drop) It should ask you which app you would like to download, Cydia or Rock. I recommend downloading both, but you don't need to. Have fun with your new jailbroken iPod Touch 2G running firmware 3.1.2.

Sorry that this is the only one I have. I did this from experience. If you want me to add more, please feel free to PM me or post here the instructions and I WILL give you credit.

I'm very sorry if the direct links are not allowed onto this forum. Mods, please remove all direct links if they are not allowed onto the forum.
  2. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    well. um. this guide is sort of a fail? since it only covers how to jb 3.1.1/.2!
  4. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That's why I asked for other people to tell me. I want to complete a full guide for all generations and all firmwares.
  5. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Then you could search.