How to jailbreak 1.1.2 (NEW VERSION)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by mascart, Dec 31, 2007.

1. mascart

mascart New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, Today i am going to tell you how to jailbreak you 1.1.2 firmware ipod touch.

STEP 1: Go to google, and type in 'wiki ipod touch 1.1.1'.

STEP 2: select the option that says 'touchdev software 1.1.1' or something like that.

STEP 3: Scroll down the page until you get to a box with lots of blue writing in. Download the 'ipod touch 1.1.1 (if required)' software to your desktop.

STEP 4: open iTunes and connect your iPod touch.

Step 5: Where it says 'update', hold the shift button while clicking this. This will bring up your documents. Click the arrow at the top to open up 'desktop'. Find the 1.1.1 software and double-click on it.

STEP 6: It will then update you iPod with 1.1.1

STEP 7: Disconnect your iPod and log on to wi-fi on it.

STEP 8: Go onto the Safari browser (on your touch).

STEP 9: Go to; jailbreakme.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'install appsnapp'

STEP 10: Your browser will then crash and you will see the ipod restart and install a software.

STEP 11: Once you restart it, 'installer' will be there!

STEP 12: Go onto installer, select 'install', 'all packeges' and scroll down to one called 'openssh'. Install this package.

STEP 13: Now your iPod will be officially jailbroken!!

STEP 14: To get iphone apps on the ipod, go to 'sources' then 'edit' then 'add' and type in this: 'repo.us.to'. The ipod will then refresh sources and then when you go back into 'install' the iphone apps will be there.

STEP 15: Since this is all done on 1.1.1, you won't get to have the advantage of being able to add calendar events. To fix this, go into installer, select 'install' go to 'tweaks' and select 'calendar fix'. When you install this you be able to add calendar events!

Thanks for reading this thread, if you have any questions then please comment below!

Enjoy!!
  2. mascart

mascart New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Please Rate

Please rate this thread, i am a noob to this site and i would like to get some feedback! Cheers

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    We have more than enough how to's. The one's already in SICKIES are the best to use.

Check THIS out.
  5. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

6. jamesybsu

jamesybsu New Member

how long till a moderator shuts this one down....
  7. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Why are people so negative here? All I get is a negative vibe and it's not nice.

This person is trying to help other people here, be grateful for that.
  8. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They may be trying to help, but it does not. It confusses those who see one jailbreak thread that says this and another that says that. Thats why we have so many threads started with the same old questions and the poster being comfussed.
    It also makes more stuff for new people to wade through to try and find out "how to".
    Just take a good look around the forum and see how many "how to" threads there are. Now put yourself in the place of someone who has never done anything like jailbreak before and they are reading through the forum to learn. K.I.S.S., is still the best and the "how to's" that are in STICKIES do just that.
  9. Jr435

Jr435 New Member

i did everything so far i'm up to part where i have to go to jailbreakme.com and when i do it nothing happens i've tryed it like 10 times i even wait like 10 before each try. Anything you can think of that i did wrong
  10. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Sounds to me like you're on 1.1.2.

Try this: