How to jail break ipod touch with MAC computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by fishgill, Jun 12, 2009.

1. fishgill

fishgill New Member

Hey everyone. I am new to this website and forum but I would like to help out.

I will teach you how to jail break a ipod touch for a MAC. This is extremely fast and I have tested it out on 3 ipods and it worked every time in less than 5 minutes. (This is using Redsn0w)

STEP 1.
    You have to put your ipod it DFU mode. DFU mode makes your ipod undetectable in itunes. Doing this will make your ipod unable to turn on, which is called recovery mode. So what you do it, plug in your ipod touch. Then turn it off completely. Then hold the power button and the home button for 10 seconds. Then let go of the power button but hold the home button for another 10 seconds. Then release the home button. You know this works if A. it doesn't turn on or B. A message from itunes comes up saying that it is undetected. Next You have to download the Redsn0w from this link..
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/fhh666

STEP 2. Go to the bottom and download it. It is only 14 Mega bites.
    After it is downloaded, you want to find it in applications or were ever you put it. I suggest applications because it is the easiest way to find it. Once you find it in applications, there should be more than 1 file. The file you want is the redn0w one with 6 items in it.

STEP 3. Ok now. minimize everything so you have a blank screen. I want to make this very clear. You need to go to the very top right of your computer screen. Up there is a little magnifying glass called spotlight. Type in the word TERMINAL. After you type in terminal click on it and a white little screen should come up with some words. Usually saying your name and other stuff.

STEP 4. This is probably the hardest step and needs to be done correctly. Once you have terminal open and ready, open up applications. When you open up applications you want to get the file with 6 items in it. Now go to your terminal and after the words put a space and type in cd and another space. So like this. (I will type random words at the beginning then what you need to do) Brittany/Plasz/mac$ cd
    After that drag the file with 6 items into the terminal. After it is in there there should be some more words like brittany/plasz/desktop/mac/redsn0w and so on. After that, click the Enter key. Then more words should come up. This is the most important part. After you click enter, type this in. (type this in after all the words) type ./redsn0w
    then click enter again. If the same thing comes up before then type again ./redsn0w then if you click enter it should say DFU successful, then it should start downloading.

STEP 5. As the downloading is happening a progress logo will come up saying loading jailbreak data thats good, you want that. Then a picture with a pineapple, half eaten, with legs will come up. It will be loading DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT UNPLUG YOU IPOD AT THIS PART! IF YOU DO IT WILL BREAK AND THERE IS NO ONE OF FIXING IT. EVEN PUTTING IT IN DFU MODE AND RESTORING WONT WORK! PLEASE LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN UNTIL IT IS COMPLETE!!!!. Ok once it is done the reboot will happen. Now since this is the part were people get stuck on, this should be easy. Remember MACS are great and fast computer so this part should take no longer than 5 minutes. Please also remember that it does depend on the computer you have. I tried this with my windows and it took over 4 hours and it still didn't happen. With my MAC it took less than 5 minutes. After its done, you know that you jail broke it if you find a app named cydia. Then from there have fun and enjoy it!

If you have any questions, concerns, or anything message me on here or email me at britt.plasz@gmail.com

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY JAIL BREAKING!
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  3. eats7

eats7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i didnt have to do this when jailbreaking mine, and i have a mac.. what is it for?
  4. fishgill

fishgill New Member

I saw it on a video to get the file started. Usually when I try to start it it does not, this is like downloading thing for MAC
  5. MacPwn

MacPwn Banned

I just laughed for 10 minutes. Literally.
  6. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i laughed for 12! HA!

beat that.

Please Register or Log in to view images

(this has already been posted, and very easy to do... except for the atomicly n00by n00bs...)
  7. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    /facepalm. x2

1 Step: Double Click The Redsn0w file.

Type cd after the words? The folder with the 6 files in it?
  8. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

It is okay, he tried to make a nice tutorial you know

Please Register or Log in to view images

You should at least admire his effort.
  9. m00t

m00t Banned

There are 3 things wrong with this:

10. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Yet another reason to search the forums...