how to install pwnplayer

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by budlightnmyhand, Jan 15, 2009.

1. budlightnmyhand

budlightnmyhand New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,
    I'm pretty new to modding the ipod touch. I would love to have the feature of being able to change songs from the lock screen and the volume also. How do i install pwnplayer? I tried searching for pwnplayer on this website but i got nothing that pertained to what i need. Can someone point me in the right direction to getting this installed on firmware 2.2 on 1st gen ipod touch?

Thanks
  2. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

it's available through cydia it's on the big boss repo which is added to cydia when you jailbreak
  3. budlightnmyhand

Device:
    iPod touch
    do you have that repo offhand? also do i just download it through cydia and it just works or do i have to do something after i download it? Sorry for being such a tard, but i've donwloaded it before and nothing happened.. lol

Thanks
  4. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

open cydia click on search and type pwn and it will appear just click on the pwnplayer entry then click install button top right corner then confirm and it installs and when it's done you will have a black screen with a return to cydia button hit that then exit cydia and it's ready to use
  5. budlightnmyhand

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thank you for your help, I really appreciate you taking the time to help and not tell me to search or something cause i tried that. Thanks again!!! kudos to you
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sweet i got it installed! Just wondering how do you adjust the volume. I can get it to change songs but just can't figure out how to adjust the volume?

Thanks
  6. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

theres a blue bar underneath the play, previous track next track buttons just drag the grey dot to change volume
  7. telliott

telliott New Member

I just installed pwnplayer through Cydia but it crashes/closes before I can use it.

I have a first gen touch with jailbroken 2.2 firmware. Any hints on why I'm not able to get it running?

Tim
  8. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

I downloaded it, but I can't find the app

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

10. IBOX 720

IBOX 720 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    pwnplayer huh? never used it, yet that is, hmm, dont know what to say, sorry