How to install Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by hloakes, Apr 4, 2008.

1. hloakes

hloakes New Member

I have PAWND my 1.1.4. touch. I am trying to install the iPhone apps and other apps but keep running into problems. I have installed the BSD Subsystem, but now it is asking for Jailbreak. How do I install it?

Or is there some way to install the iPhone apps without going through this?

Thanks,
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Did you make and install custom firmware? After you pwn it you need to make custom firmware and install it with itunes!
  3. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Asking for Jailbreak? :/
    Not possible for installing apps.
  4. hloakes

hloakes New Member

I used the tool supplied with the Pwnage Tool and installed the firmware it produced.
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I first pwned my Touch on a jailbroken touch, so I didn't have to worry about adding apps. But, when you create a custom firmware, it is automatically jailbroken. This is very useful if you want to restore, you don't have to go through the whole Pwning process again, and you restore to already Jailbroken firmware.
  6. btothe3

btothe3 Banned

ya do wat hesaid
  7. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    not sure what it means by "asking for jailbreak". did you try to install the iphone apps from one of the sources? if so you shouldn't need to install the whole iphone apps package, as the apps are actually already a part of 114. maybe attempting to download the entire package is causing this and that particular package checks for jailbreak status.

all you need to do is to install the springboard patch to activate the apps. in the sources, it should be in the same section as the iphone apps.

whenever i see two folders with the same name in the sources, i always look to see the what the differences are before selecting and installing the first on the list.