iOS 4.0 [HOW TO] Install Gruppled LockScreen on iPod Touches 2G/3G (Only Windows Sorry :[ )

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by alphonse3344, Aug 31, 2010.

1. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

Okay, So I've been hearing people want to install the Gruppled Lockscreen on iPod Touches.
    So I took it upon myself to make a simple tuotrial.
    NOTE: I'M NOT TAKING SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK! I AM MAKING A TUTORIAL TO HELP OTHERS IF THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!

What you will need:
    • iPod Touch (2G/3G)
    • LockInfo via Cydia
    • Lockscreen Clock Hide via Cydia
    • Lockscreen Dim Delay via Cydia
    • Basic SSH skills
    • GruppledLockInfo.theme [file]
    • GruppledArt.theme [file]
    • TeaLockBackground.theme [file]

If you already have SSHing skills and want to jump to installation process, scroll down to Part II!

Part I(For Beginners!):

Okay! Let's get strated.

Step 1: Download WinSCP (Google it(Should be easy to find))

Step 2: SSH into iPod.
    (Open WinSCP and enter IP Address, then on Name type: root and for P/W: alpine)

Step 3: You will see Media and Library when you first start. Go back by clicking the VERY FIRST FOLDER with the arrow. It will take you back a bunch of other folders. Look for a folder called, "stash". Open it and look for another folder called Themes.xxxxxx Open it

Step 4: Leave page where it is. That is your Winter board folder! Next, minimize WinSCP.

Part II:

Okay! Now for the Installation!

Step 5: Go to Cydia and add repo:
    david.ashman.com/beta

Step 6: Once downloaded, go into the source.
    Look for:
    LockInfo
    Lockscreen Clock Hide
    Lockscreen Dim Delay(Search it in Cydia)

Step 7: When all of these have been downloaded, Go to Setting on Homescreen and scroll down to LockInfo and press it. Then Lockscreen. In Lockescreen, scroll down until you see a slider in the middle with a circle(Move it all the way to the left). Then scroll up to Layout. You will see the words: "Show Behind Slider" Switch to ON.

Step 8: Go back to Homescreen. Then on your Computer, download the required Gruppled files listed on top of tutorial! To get them go here:
    http://gruppler.freeshell.org/uploads/users/gruppler/icons.php
    (Note: TeaLockBackground is not there. Google it) When you have all, use any unzipping program(WinRAR is best!). Save folders on Desktop.

Step 9: Maximize your WinSCP(all the way back from Part I) to where you had all of your Winterboard Themes. Drag the THREE Gruppled files into your iPod.

Done! Go to Winterboard. And you'll see all three gruppled files on there! Press all three themes. [NOTE: If you want a mini lock symbol, move Gruppled LockInfo file above Gruppled Art. Make sure you have TeaLockBackground first!!! Respring and tada!
    Gruppled Lockscreen on your iPod.

If you encounter any problem Window users, let me know! PM me and I'll help with anything!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images