How to Install from PC

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Numb, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Okay, please do not flame. I admit that I did not search, but that is because I did not know what to search lol.

This is what I want to know: A lot of websites are giving me applications to download onto my computer: (http://www.sciphone.net/)

But I do not know how to get something from my computer to my iPhone/iPoT. Unless, I have to download it from that website while using my iPhone??

Can someone please help me?
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The "native" apps at the site seem to be just web apps like this tip calculator - http://www.nativeiphoneapps.com/link-651.html

All you can do, is go to the webpage, hit the "+" button at the bottom of the page and add it to your home screen. You'll only be able to use it online though...
  3. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    okay let me rephrase the question: how would i be able to go through my iphone/ipot acting like it is a computer...how would I do this?

How to install?
    Assuming you already downloaded and installed SummerBoard on your iphone, follow these steps:
    1. connect your iphone to your pc
    2. open WINSCP in order to connect thru lan/wifi to your iphone
    3. browse to the /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes directory
    4. extract the 50sbiphonethemes.rar to a temp directory on your hd
    5. browse the themes, and choose whatever you like
    6. copy themes directories to your iphone’s /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes directory
    7. tap the SMBPrefs icon on your iphone, goto Theme, and pick your favorite theme