how to install bosstool, if installer crashes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by stepiphany, Jan 29, 2008.

1. stepiphany

stepiphany New Member

Here is my problem:
    I used ipodtouchmaster's method of upgrading to 1.1.3 and getting the new features. Everything was going fine until I tried installing my old apps like summerboard, mobiletetronimos, domino, etc. It will get as far as downloading, but when it reaches install, it crashes and returns to the home page. I've read a lot of forums about installing Bosstool, but how am I supposed to install it if Installer doesn't work, which was my problem in the first place? Also, some sites say to SSH in, but I have absolutely no idea how. When I go into Installer, it says I have openSSH, services, and BSD Subsystem installed, but they don't show up on the home page. Help, please?
  2. dalt0n94

dalt0n94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well you ssh in using winscp, but i have antoher problem, kinda relating to yours...i installed bosstool, but it crashed when installing...now i have a wierd icon that says bosstool on the springboard, and it works like bosstool, but i cant uninstall it because it thinks i havent installed it...and i looked all around in ssh and couldnt find where the apps were kept...help?, oh and i cant install anything else, either, it always crashes...
  3. swatskillz585

swatskillz585 New Member

The apps on in the root / just keep hitting back until you get to it
  4. dalt0n94

dalt0n94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

you mean the main directory? yeah, when i click on that Applications, it takes me to /private/var/mobile/Applications, or something, but not just /Applications...so it doesnt work...
  5. swatskillz585

swatskillz585 New Member

This is what mine brings up /Applications. And this is the directory where i found it /. Which jailbreak method did you use. I dont know if it matters but i used the ipod elite team version.
  6. swatskillz585

swatskillz585 New Member

Heres some pictures

Attached Files:

7. stepiphany

stepiphany New Member

i've fixed the problem. it turns out I updated on the un-updated version of installer and therefore, it started crashing.
  8. can622

can622 New Member

i have a mac so i cant use winscpp,I've trid ssh programs for mac but they dont have feutures you need to fix,pls help
  9. Lithium717

Lithium717 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I have kinda the same thing, but installer crashes after like a second, and I haven't installed SSH so I can't get into it.. Euahghh I don't want to have to do all of these downgrading and restoring and etc
  10. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Restore or upgrade to 1.1.4 and download ziphone 2.5c http://www.ziphone.org/
    Scroll down a little on that website and check out his temporary solution.
    WATCH THE VIDEO. LISTEN TO THE CLICKS. DO IT LIKE THAT GUY DOES. IT WORKS!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

WAY Easier than downgrading to 1.1.1, oktoprep, upgrade, ect.....