how to install apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Fry9, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Fry9

Fry9 New Member

i downloaded some apps on my computer and want to install them to my ipod.. but how do i find them with the installer?
  2. lucass

lucass New Member

if you put them on your compueter then you have to use winscp and put the apps in the applications file on the itouch they will not show up in installer
  3. Fry9

Fry9 New Member

sorry i did not understand you there.. .new at this, just managed to jailbreak it.. so how should i do it?
    also uninstall apps how do i do that? i dont really need the stocks app.
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Well, it looks like you have the iPhone apps...

First you have to go into your ipods files by using a SFTP, CuteFTP is what i have, but people say WinSCP is good.

First the Hostname is the IP, Username is root, and Password is alpine.

Go into setting before you try to connect to it... and change it so you connect to it with SFTP.

From there go follow directions on this site to put them into the iPod.
  5. lucass

lucass New Member

just search iphone apps on itouch in the search thing at the top of this sight
  6. Fry9

Fry9 New Member

what do i write on the ftp? got the password and username, but missing the ftp?
  7. dubd0c

dubd0c New Member

Not that I'm trying to put anyone down, but if you don't understand the process fully before starting it, why do it? It gave me the willies working with mine and I know bsd inside and out. I can't imagine not having any know how of the operating system running the device.. The one touch jailbreaks are even scarier to me since you don't see the process unfold and actually witness what's being changed so you can undo it.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, but now that I'm done, catch me up to speed on how you jailbroke this thing and how you got the iPhone apps on there in the first place. Then maybe I can help you out more.

peace,
    dubdoc
  8. Fry9

Fry9 New Member