How to install a shield perfectly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by georgerussos, Oct 9, 2010.

1. georgerussos

georgerussos Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Many of you know this, many don't so, please, don't hate on me.
    I have tried numerous times to install a Zagg on my iPhones/iPods back. I always ended up with bubbles and other crap under the shield. Until today, when I got my second Zagg for my new iTouch. And I managed to install it perfectly.
    The secret is to make YOUR solution, consisting of water and soap. Yep, use this instead of Zagg's one. With your solution you will find easier to align the shield and moreover it will be a hell of easy to take all bubbles and water out of the shield.
    Hope I helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. CloudS

CloudS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Can you tell how to make the solution? I mean what ratio should be water and soap?
  3. georgerussos

georgerussos Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I used two drops of soap and filled the zagg bottle with water. Then I shook and that was it.
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Soap should be very minimal, if you add too much... then what ends up happening is the soap ends up kinda dirtying your ipod touch such that when you peel off the IS in the future, it doesnt look perfectly clean and has some dry soap-like parts on the backing that arnt visible from when you applied the shield even when you squeegee. Its cleanable with some wiping, but the Zagg solution always had the good ratio such that when I take off my IS, it leaves it in pristine condition.