how to increase the volume?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rufolo, Nov 1, 2007.

1. rufolo

rufolo New Member

hi, isnt the a program instead itunes to increase the volume of the songs? because itunes takes a loooong time to do it

thxxxx
  2. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

If you hit ctrl+a it should select all the tunes in your iTunes library. Then just right click and select properties or get info or whatever the menu item is (I can't remember right now). You should then see a slider to adjust the volume, drag that all the way to the right and click ok.iTunes should then maximize the volume of all your songs in just a few seconds.
  3. dominikhoffmann

dominikhoffmann New Member

How to disable the EU-Volume-Limit

@ rufolo:

There is a possibility to disable the Volume-Limit.
    You have to jailbreak your iPod and then go to /Media_sym/System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework/ with a program of your choice (e.g. WinSCP).
    Now you have to copy the file RegionalVolumeLimits.plist to your computer and upload it to this website: http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi
    Then you have to download the modified version of the file and open it with an texteditor. It should look like this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now you have to change every 0.82999999999 to a 1 an save the file. It should look like this:

At last you have to copy the modified file back to your iPod an now you can enjoy very loud music!

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English, I'm German and have written this tutorial in German, too. But I hope it will help you!
  4. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not sure, but I think maybe he was asking how automatically adjust the volume so that all the songs sound like they're at the same volume, just in case a song is normally louder than another by nature... I think in that case it's best just to wait for iTunes to work it out, it shoudn't take more than 20 minutes.
  5. hugo

hugo New Member

go to settings on your ipod then music then turn on sound check, that should do it
  6. eddy1103

eddy1103 New Member

This decrease the volume of most of my songs...

I'm going to try dominikhoffmann's idea

EDIT : I've edited my RegionalVolumeLimits.plist file and... can't say if it increase anything...