[ HOW TO ] How to change your wallpaper on your theme (NO COMP)

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by iSharpieFTW, Apr 14, 2009.

1. iSharpieFTW

iSharpieFTW New Member

How to change your wallpaper on your WINTERBOARD theme! (No Computer)

Hey guys, Sharpie here, and I'm going to show you how to "mod" your theme by placing a custom picture as your wallpaper. For this you will need​
    . AN INTERNET CONNECTION (if you want to download a CUSTOM wallpaper off the web)
    . MobileFinder (Cydia)
    . A source of iPhone-iPod wallpapers (search AlliPhoneWallpapers in Google for a good source.)
    . This wallpaper needs to be 420x380 px.

Okay, first, you need to open MobileFinder (Finder on SpringBoard) and if you haven't, you need to enable system access. To do this, click the settings tab at the top-middle-right and find the "SYSTEM FILE ACCESS" toggle and turn it on. Next, exit finder and set your image you want AS YOUR LOCKSCREEN WALLPAPER, then go back to finder. Now go to your root directory, then go to this directory /private/var/mobile/Library and at the bottom of this folder, there is a file named "LockBackground.png" now just click the file tab and click copy. Now, go back to your root directory and go to this directory: Library/Themes, then choose the folder of your theme. Now paste this pic in the folder and then delete the "Wallpaper.png" then rename the file you just copied to Wallpaper.png, THEN YOUR SET! As soon as your done, respring, and you should have a new background! Thanks for reading! ​
  2. limisopop

limisopop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't use wifi. What now?

And all I do is replace the wallpaper (after i backup

Please Register or Log in to view images

) in the specific theme I use with the wallpaper I want to change it with.
  3. iSharpieFTW

iSharpieFTW New Member

Actually, I need to change it from WiFi to internet (wow I'm dumb), so all you need is an internet connection to DOWNLOAD the wallpapers, or you can use anyone that u have. And yes, all u need to do is just set the pic u want for ur theme wallpaper as your LOCKSCREEN wallpaper, then follow the instructions I put in!!
    (EDIT) changed the the WiFi thing to internet connection.
  4. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Thats kinda obvious. No offense.

But well written. Next time u make a guide, try to make a more useful one.
  5. iSharpieFTW

iSharpieFTW New Member

Wait, are u talking to me? (and no I'm not mad)
  6. rafa87

rafa87 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    isnĀ“t there in winterboard something called user wallpaper and user lockbackground?
    Just use this!
  7. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    overwrite the wallpaper in userbackground and put it at the top in winterboards, does that help?
  8. ScottishTaz

ScottishTaz Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)