How To: Hide icons without customize (for anyone who wants it)

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by romeboards, Nov 16, 2007.

1. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This is for people like me who can't stand customize and would like to do things by themselves. Hiding icons is pretty easy to do so first, you're gonna ftp into your ipod and go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and open up the N45AP.plist

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is the list of apps that show up on your home screen. You can also rearrange their order on your screen by copying and pasting their order. Once you're in the N45AP.plist file, scroll down until you see this section (staring with <key>IconList</key>):

As you can see, I only have one app on my home screen (not including the ones on the dock, which is VNsea. All you're going to do next is cut and paste the whole section, stating with <dict> and ending with </dict> and move it too the section in the N45AP that starts with <key>special</key> followed on the next line by <array>. Paste your whole section below this line, keeping the place of the different things in the same basic form.

Once you;re done putting the icons in the 'special' section, save the N45AP list, close FTP, and reboot your iPod. You won;t see the app, but they still will be fully functioning.

If by some chance you lose a section that your cutting, all you need to do it find that apps identifier and put it in here:

<dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>identifier here</string>
    </dict>

and put it in the 'special' section so this is hidden. I know this is pretty common information, but I honestly don't have anything better to do in my study hall haha
  2. Darkranth

Darkranth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Err... Just a question.. You have windows XP but your window button are left? How do you do that?
  3. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

i'm guessing he uses Windowblinds. Some themes (mostly mac themes) have the left hand side buttons