How to hack a PS2/PS1?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by apple123, Aug 29, 2008.

1. apple123

apple123 New Member

Hey guys, I've had both of these systems for a number of years now, and I've always wondered how to hack them. I know that it's possible to hack a PS2, but I'm not sure about a PS1. I've looked up directions on how to hack a slim PS2 without modchips and that stuff, but I find them to be pretty cryptic. So if anyone can tell me a tutorial or link me to one, I'd greatly appreciate it.
  2. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

You have to Chip it, buy one from ebay
  3. apple123

apple123 New Member

Ok, that didn't really help me.
  4. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Well, he does have a point.
    As far as I know, the only way to hack a PS2/PSX is by hard modding it.
    That involves soldering a chip onto your device.
  5. you can do the straw trick where you jam the sensors then switch the discs. so many tutorials now.
  6. apple123

apple123 New Member

Oh yeah, I saw a few tutorials on that and I might try that but I'm a little concerned if it will mess with my PS2. Have you tried this and if so, how did it turn out?

P.S. - I saw someone on YouTube playing a NES emulator on their modded PS2, can anyone direct me to a site that has links to all the emulators that can run on a PS2?
  7. to get emulators you need a mod chip and then hook up a hard drive and then put the emulators on it and run them from there. And the straw trick no i haven't tried it. i tried swap magic but i didnt know what to do so i just gave up.