How to get video wallpaper from youtube!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by W00DI, Jan 21, 2009.

1. W00DI

W00DI New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    As you may know you can get video wallpapers. Im sure most of you know how to us vwallaper, but you have limited options for your backgrounds.

Important: If you have mxtube, mobile finder and vwallaper please skip steps 1-3.

Step1: Open Cydia and download Mxtube (you don't need a source,it's in Bigboss's source already which you have)

Step2:Get vwallpaper from ispazio's source which you already have.

Step3:Then get mobilefinder from telesphoreo's source.

Step4: Go onto mxtube and find a youtube video you enjoy/like. Download in either high or low quality. High is recommended. I haven't gone over a 4 minute video. if you have done it successfully with no lag please tell me

Please Register or Log in to view images

Step5: Go into mobilefinder and go to the top right and click the squigly line. Click media, scroll to mxtube. scroll to the bottom and find the picture that represents your video. Remember the name its called and find the mp4 version of it.

Step6: Highlight the mp4 video you want and hit file and then copy.

Step7: Go back one time and go to the folder that says Skrew(Gigity). Open it and go to videos and then paste your mp4 video.

Step8: Exit finder and reboot your ipod/iphone. You can reboot by holing the home and power button for 10 seconds i think.

Step 9:ONce it reboots and turns back on open vwallpaper and click video wallpaper then select video, and find the name of the video you want.

Step10: Click the name and hot yes, i want! If enable video is off please turn on. Hit the home button and wait about 5 seconds depending on the length of the video. Don't wait for more then 1-2 minutes. If that happens then retry.

Step11: your done if you want more repeat the process.

PLease comment if anything is confusing or not right.
    I will change it

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could also just include a Wallpaper.mp4 video in your WinterBoard theme.
  3. W00DI

W00DI New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I know

I know but can you do it directly on ur ipod
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think vwallpaper does it with less lag. That has been my experience anyway.