How to get the gpSPhone, NES and PSX4all emulators to find ROMs

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by Zdrasti, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Zdrasti

Zdrasti New Member

I know that most of the people here have the same problem as I had : the message "No ROMs found. Please upload ROMs to /var/root/Media/ROMs/GBA" (or /NES or /PSX , depending of the emulator you use). Here are some ways to solve this problem:

1. Make sure you have the emulators (gpSPhone for GBA ROMs, NES for NES ROMs,
    psx4all for PSX ROMs) installed on your iPod Touch. You need to go in Installer, in the
    Games section. If they are not there, this means you need to add the source. Sorry, I
    don't know which one it is.

2. For the gpSPhone and the psx4all emulators, you will need the gba_bios.bin file (for
    gpSPhone) and the scph1001.bin (PSX_bios file for psx4all). I don't know the download
    link, but in youtube there are many. After you got them, put the gba_bios.bin file in the
    iPod, in the /Applications/gpSPhone.app/ directory , and change the permissions to 0755
    Put the psx_bios file (or scph1001.bin file, like I have) in /Applications/psx4all.app/
    directory , and change permissions to 0755 too. To access the iPod files, you need a
    program called WinSCP on your computer (there are others, but that's the one I use)
    and , in your iPod, the OpenSSH app, which can be found in Installer , System section.

3. Once you putted the bios files, you need to add ROMs. Sorry I can't tell you from where, because I have
    already got an infraction point for posting links.

4. The only file you'll need to put in your iPod is the file .gba for gpSPhone , .nes for NES
    and .bin for psx4all. But first, in your iPod, go to /private/var/root/Media/ and create a
    new directory called ROMs. Change the permissions to 0777. In this new directory,
    create three directories : GBA and PSX . Change the permissions to 0777. put your
    GBA games in the GBA directory, and change their permissions to 0777 and put the PSX
    games in the PSX directory and change their permissions to 0777. Remember, you only
    need to put the .gba , .nes and .bin files. For the NES, it's a different path. Go
    to /private/var/mobile/Media/ and create the new directory ROMs here too and
    change permissions to 0777. In it, create another directory called NES. Change
    permissions to 0777. Put your .nes files in it. Don't forget to change their permissions to
    0777!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Now, exit WinSCP, or whathever your iPod browser is. Take your iPod. If you are lucky,
    you will see the ROMs when you open the Emulators (gpSPhone, NES and psx4all), you
    can now play them, and you don't need to go to step 6. If not, your are in the same
    situation as me.

6. If you came to this step, it's probably that you still have the same message : "No ROMs
    found. Please upload ROMs to /var/root/Media/ROMs/GBA" (or /NES or /PSX ,
    depending of the emulator you use). I had the same problem. Now, go to Installer,
    Productivity section, and install MobileFinder. Once installed, launch it. Go to settings, and
    turn everything on. Exit settings. Now, keep clicking up, to go to / . Now follow the path
    where you putted your game files in the Finder. You will see all the .gba or .bin or .nes
    files you putted in step 4. Click one of them, and click Modify (at the bottom of the
    screen). Click open with, and chose the application (gpSPhone for a .gba, NES for .nes
    and psx4all for .bin). The emulator should open, and you should see the game files!

Once you did this for all the different types ( .gba .nes .bin), you shouldn't need to do it
    again. Just open the Emulators from the Springboard and it should work. If not, you'll
    have always to repeat step 6 to launch every game, but at least you'll be able to play
    them

If you have problems to understand me (yeah, I know my english is not very good) or if you are confused,

, just ask me for precision in the thread.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Avatarv

or you can just use the sources available
  3. Avatarv

nvm this post, kinda stupid
  4. 1234567890123456789012345

1234567890123456789012345 New Member

Dude, I would edit this post and remove the links before you get banned. Considering the fact that this is your first post, "Edit" is in the bottom right.

EDIT: See how I edited this?
  5. sixxis

sixxis New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    hi i get a :"you have an incorrect bios image" message,
    what's my next step?
  6. Zdrasti

Zdrasti New Member

I don't know.... Are you sure it is the correct one? Did you put it in the right place? Or maybe you didn't change the permissions to 0755... Because it didn't happen to me.

Well, good luck, anyways!
  7. Zdrasti

Zdrasti New Member

Maybe it sounds stupid, but why can't I put links in a thread? Just to know...

EDIT: Nevermind this reply, I have found why. Thanks for the warning.
  8. jeffers

jeffers New Member

finally works for me. want to know what's been screwing everyone up? the permissions. every other thread says '755'. It's '777'. the folder paths are right, but permissions are 777.
  9. izyuhboy

izyuhboy New Member

dude i'm on 1.1.1 and i'm not seein an open with at the bottom of the
    screen.

now what.

when i click on Modify on the bottom of the screen i see file, create, done, send, misc.

EDIT: they fixed the app so all roms work now permissions are 755
  10. wllhay2

wllhay2 New Member

what am i doing wrong i did it step by step and none of the gba's or nes show up when you put the games in winscp do they need to be zip or rar