How to get the best quality photos?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by emmaxoxo, Oct 9, 2010.

1. emmaxoxo

emmaxoxo New Member

I have just upgraded from my ipod touch 2g of nearly 2 yrs [died from water damage], to a 4g -- i don't understand why apple chose to have HD recording, and not even a 1MP camera -- i much prefer to take quick snaps, then record.

What's the best way to get good quality photos? Or even HD photos? Is there an app I can download?

Right now, I have found the best thing to do is to record, then later on taking screenshots from the video using [power & home button] the ipod, giving me roughly an 1MP photo, then only issue is it's saved as PNG, not JPEG.

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. CarlosTheJackl

CarlosTheJackl Member

just so you know, PNG is lossless, and JPEG isn't, so in theory the PNG is better.
  3. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
  4. emmaxoxo

emmaxoxo New Member

any other ideas,hints?
  5. MeSue

MeSue New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Found these tips on the blog for that ClearCam app - http://twoteethtechnologies.blogspot.com/2010/10/tips-for-capturing-moment.html

I have been playing around with the anti-shake feature in ProShots and it seems to help some. it made a big different on a picture I took of a sign with text.

I also have been playing around with some apps that combine multiple photos into interesting layouts and I think it helps to distract from the poor quality and low resolution. Something about a collage just gives them a little more pizazz. The apps I have used for this are: Diptic, Card Studio, and Photo Wall.

Also adding effects like oil paint or cartoon can make a low quality photo more interesting.
  6. DaveA

DaveA New Member

If you know a little bit about photo editing, Filterstorm is a decent app that allows you to make alot of adjustments (Curves, brightness, contrast etc.) Its not the cheapest app, but you can do alot of things that make the pics a bit better. Worth it to me.
  7. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I find ClearCam to cause more noise than the stock app.
  8. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You could enable the native HDR feature from the iphone 4. There is a good tutorial here http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316490.

Works kinda like clearcam. I think it only takes 3 pics though. Just be aware that you must hold the camera really still.

Other than that, all we can really do is wait for the next generation.