How to get songs for you ipod cheap and "legally"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dualcorex, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

I have recently signed up for napster to go. I get to download an unlimited amount of songs while paying $10 a month. Now all of these songs are drm protected and in wma(which the ipod doesnt support). I have just realized how to remove this drm. I installed a program called tunebite. tunebite plays the songs from your computer and records them while they play through your soundcard. Tunebite can record them to ogg, mp3, and wma. Thus you get drm free songs. So now i can download an unlimted amount of songs for $10 a month and do whatever i want with them. I dont notice any difference in quality and all of napster songs are 192kbps. I am not sure if recording songs are legal but it would be impossible for the riaa to find out because it doesn't go through the internet like p2p programs. What do you guys think?
  2. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

that "legally" word just killed everything lol
  3. ipod touch master

ipod touch master New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats interesting what is the kbps of the song after it being recorded?
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i think it would be 100x easier to use limewire with a program like peerguardian... the only time i ever do the thing that you're saying, just recording through the soundcard, is when i cant find the music im looking for anywhere except a service like that. otherwise i mostly use limewire, but recently its been itunes seeing i have so many free songs racked up. but with the recording part, i normally just use nero sound trax to record it.
  5. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    wow thats awesome i ought to try that

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

well when you download songs from napster they are 192, so you cant increase the quality anymore. when you record them in tunebite, you can set the bitrate. it would be pointless to record them any higher because it wouldn't improve quality. so you can set it to 192.

as for limewire and peerguardian:
    #1. limewire is the worst program to use for downloading files becuase that is the main target for the RIAA.
    #2. peerguardian helps but it is not absolute. It is like walking into a war with a tank. you might not get hit for a while but you will eventually be blown up.
    #3. *******s are wayyyyyy better. Like 1,000x better.

I used to use limewire but then found *******s. Better quality, download speeds and selection. PLus there are like no virus if you go to good websites. Limewire on the other hand...

Im trying to ween myself of of illegal downloading.
  7. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i agree *******s are generally better, when looking for full CD's. i find that i just cant beat limewire for single song downloads though. and most of the time i dont even run peerguardian at all. tbh, i dont give a damn what the RIAA thinks about me downloading stuff. ive downloaded hundreds of movies, programs, music, etc and they havent knocked down my door yet, so its no biggy to me.
  8. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

you will care when they sue you for $9,000 bucks a song.
  9. dimdig23

dimdig23 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    limewire can do *******s now

after that facebook deal ive gotton some music to last me a while though so nothing illigal now
  10. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

limewire sucks though. why would anyone use it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.