how to get rid of top bar?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by puffkingkill, Mar 23, 2009.

1. puffkingkill

puffkingkill New Member

How can i make this bar transparent so i can see the blue thing underneath?

also how can i make the changes to the small icons at the very top? all i really need to know is where these images are in ssh like "var/blah/blah"

Please Register or Log in to view images

thank you!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can make a winterboard theme to make them transparent...

Check the Ultimate Winterboard thread
  3. puffkingkill

puffkingkill New Member

im sorry "ultimate winterboard thread" i searched it and found nothing...
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Let me remind everybody to never change the original files in /System. =)

To get rid of the bar under "Enter Passcode", you would use an image like the one in the link. You would put in a theme's /UIImages Folder.

----

To get rid of or change the Lock Icon at the top center, you would take /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_LockIcon.png, make your modifications, and put in a theme's /Bundles/com.apple.springboard/ Folder

----

WARNING: Applies to entire system, meaning it changes on all the StatusBars over the entire system that do not have a Solid Status Bar.

To change the battery icon, take the files "FSO_BatteryBG.png", "FSO_BatteryCharged.png", "FSO_BatteryCharging.png", "FSO_BatteryInsides.png", and "FSO_BatteryLow.png" from /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ =, make your changes, and put them in a theme's /Bundles/com.apple.springboard/ Folder.

----

Should you change the "iPod", it will apply to then entire system. Change it with MiM, or if you want to have a logo there, put the logo into Photoshop or GIMP, resize it so the height is 20px, name it "FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png", and put it a theme's /Bundles/com.apple.springboard/ Folder.

----

If anybody sees anything wrong, please correct me.