How To: Get rid of the volume limit on your iPod.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Shaneypoo, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Shaneypoo

Shaneypoo New Member

First of all, download the uncapped RegionalVolumeLimits file from here, then SFTP into your ipod with WinSCP(or any other SFTP client) and navigate to /System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework/

Please Register or Log in to view images

When your there, just overwrite the old RegionalVolumeLimits.plist with the new one, restart your ipod and Voila! uncapped music

2. asado111

asado111 New Member

wut does this do for speakers or for the head phone and also wut abt a guide for Windows users.
  3. evilmarc

evilmarc New Member

You're a Senior Member but you can't figure out that the procedure isn't anything different on a Windows pc?? You're a spammer or something, or you just ask lots of stupid questions.
    And BTW the guy hasn't got a Mac the screen is just windows with a mac theme or something.
  4. Shaneypoo

Shaneypoo New Member

btw, i took the screenies on a windows computer... Just using windows blinds + object dock. For windows just download WinSCP and follow the steps...
  5. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    haha i use the same wb theme with rocket dock... isnt it fun to have the good os of a pc with the look of a mac?
  6. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What exactly does this do? If I keep the volume limit option turned off isn't it the same thing?
  7. Shaneypoo

Shaneypoo New Member

Nope, Apple caps it 'behind the scenes' so even if you turn volume cap off on your ipod, it will still cap it. So unless youve already followed this guide or another one like it,(europe only i think, but i may be wrong) then basicly when your volumes full, its actually running at 87% of its full volume. Yeah, Apple doesnt want us to enjoy music to the max lol
  8. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Wow I didn't know this.
  9. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

Since at "Apple's full" it is still really load, this new full will blow our ears! All I have o say to that is, awesome!
  10. asado111

asado111 New Member

lol im jus KIDDING!!! jeez yeah but it works great! thanx

*edit* im such dumbass! i already had this before someone posted this alraedy changing all the keys to 1 lol it can go to a max upto 10

someone try and make it go to 10 and see wut happens!