How to get my dad...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by allrix, Nov 19, 2007.

1. allrix

allrix New Member

How to get my dad to by me an i pod touch. Right now im using the usual way (you no the only christmas gift) but i need some help.
  2. Watari

Watari New Member

butter him up and stuff. or save and buy it yourself like i did!
  3. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Perhaps you could do some cost sharing, if he pays half you can pay half?

The bottom line is that the Touch is not inexpensive and might not be in the Christmas budget.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

work for money? then offer to pay half
  5. PsYcHoKoRy

PsYcHoKoRy New Member

6. Shade

Shade New Member

haha nice!
    Give your dad a list of things that would make it usable at school.. calender, notes, calculator, dictionary, flashcards. etc
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

make a 27 slide powerpoint/keynote presentation, in it have a slide with 13 cute kittens, with the words please, offer to pay for half, take a picture of the touch from apple.com - then put your picture on it, use lots of fancy transitions and animations, ask for it to be the only present, beg, be amazingly good and the like, tell how usable it would be - calendar, notes, calculator, dictionary, flashcards, if you forget something - email..., its not a phone - so no costs for IM, mail, and what not - to clear up any misconceptions. It's what I did. My parents are not convinced. promise you'll thank them profusely, butter them up, you know... SUCK UP. And yet my parents aren't convinced, and yet I got a 100% in Spanish 3 for the First Quarter. Didn't miss one point. (Sorry for off-topic)
  8. Midnight

Midnight New Member

Speaking as a parent, we really love when kids do extra stuff around the house-- not your usual chores mind you, but the extra stuff, stuff like clean the garage, wax the car, clean the gutters, rake the yard, etc. You know, the big stuff that isn't done often, but would delight your parents if you actually did it without being told. 'Course, when our kids do stuff like that we know they're up to something... but it helps to show responsibility, shows that it (and more importanly, YOU) might actually be worth sinking $ into [insert the 'gotta have' here]... and gets 'em GREAT brownie points!

Please Register or Log in to view images

If that doesn't work, I think kidneys are going for a bit more than livers right now...
  9. CyberPrime

CyberPrime New Member

lulz, I saw, as the title

"How to get my dad..."

I was like WTF!?!? INCEST!?!?!

But yea, suck up.
  10. chris8535

chris8535 New Member

I'd say it depends

$300 is a very expensive entertainment investment. I made it a business expense with perks. But for you... unless your parents often buy you gifts in that price range, it might be hard to justify.

So maybe say you want a touch, but settle for the new and really cool nano or something.

Unless you already have an ipod... in which case...

ug... kids these days. (shakes cane)